Robust testing for COVID-19, increased cleaning procedures, new screening stations, and critical equipment upgrades are just some of the new-found needs at Island Hospital prompted by the pandemic. While some of these needs have been met because of your generous response, many will continue as long as the pandemic endures. The COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund was created as a means to meet the demands of continuing quality, local healthcare during the coronavirus era.
You can fulfill current needs by donating today!
Current and on-going needs at Island Hospital include funding for:
- 10 AED Devices ($2,800 each)
- 8 Defibrillators ($26,000-$30,000 each)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Screening Station Supplies & Personnel
- COVID-Testing Supplies
- Pharmaceutical & Supply Needs
- Expanded Staffing
Your gift today could provide instant relief, safety or resources for Island Hospital patients and staff as we beat this pandemic together!
We cannot thank you enough for the immense support you have shown Island Hospital, its patients, and its staff since the coronavirus pandemic began. You have responded to needs both large and small through gifts of flowers, meals, personal protective equipment, and monetary donations. Your generosity has impacted countless patients and reached every department. Thank you.
Here is a snapshot of your impact:
- Eight (8) ventilators were purchased to care for patients with respiratory illness or who are critically ill.
- Tele-ICU program – coming soon!
- Telemedicine for specialty clinics giving your community increased access to preventative care and behavioral or mental health support.
- You have helped to expand COVID-19 testing through the purchase of testing cartridges and over $69,000 raised through the Mulligan Match.
- You have funded several months’ worth of personal protective equipment in addition to sewing over 3,000 masks to keep visitors and staff safe.
- Thanks to Shell Puget Sound Refinery for grant funding for specialized training for redeployed medical staff.